AUGUST FAVOURITES

September 01, 2016


The month of August has come and gone and with it goes the last few days of summer. For us, August has consisted of a lot of hours of work combined with some great fun including a few festival nights out and sunny boat days!
We cannot believe that that is another summer gone and soon it's back to reality and finding jobs for us. 

For the first time ever, we have managed to get this monthly favourites post right on time which is amazing. When we first decide to do a favourites post we struggle to think of anything at all to include and have to go for a look in our rooms to jog our memory, then in the end, we realise we actually have way to many items!This month is a lot of beauty items and jewellery with the addition of one incredible book...


Imogen: Being in Wales all summer away from big stores we both do a lot (and I mean a lot) of online shopping. This is not always the best idea for makeup items as you don't get to try before you buy, but all three of these items are amazing and I'm so happy I took the risk to buy them. From top to bottom we have:
Diorshow Extase Instant Oversize Volume Mascara in 090 Black. It's probably not the very best mascara I have ever owned but it's really quite close. It has a revolutionary formula which really plumps and blackens the lashes for extreme volume. 
Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Echo Park. It is a peachy, pinky nude and  I absolutely love this colour, it is just what I wanted. It is very long-wearing and not at all drying like many other liquid lipsticks. The Colourpop lipsticks are not very pricey either which means you can get yourself a nice range of colours! 
Last is the W7 Eye Dream Shadow Cream in Copper Pot. This is my favourite favourite this month! It is an eyeshadow cream in a pot with a doe-foot applicator. The eyeshadow glides on effortlessly and is easily blendable with a fluffy brush. It's super shiny and a gorgeous shade of copper which you can wear alone or as a base with some other eyeshadows blended through the crease and on the lower lash line. 



Antonia: These NYX Prismatic eye shadows were a complete impulse buy, I stumbled across them on Boots website and was immediately enticed by the sparkle! They were definitely a good decision, I have already got a lot of wear out of the pale bluey colour, it makes a perfect inner corner highlight, it really pops! From top to bottom, I got Punk Heart, Liquid Gold and Mermaid. I love all of them, the gold and purple are perfect sparkly autumn colours!


Imogen: This MAC Burgundy Times Nine palette is full of some super gorgeous colours! We have already featured this palette on the blog in last weeks Amazing Dupes post, so head over there to see some swatches! Every single colour in the palette is so wearable and I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of use out of the WHOLE palette. I'm a big lover of burgundy and rose coloured eyes so this is the perfect palette for me. As with all MAC eyeshadows the colours are very pigmented and long-lasting and I think £25 for 9 colours (slightly smaller than usual) from MAC is a pretty good price. 


Antonia: I found both of these earrings on the ASOS sale, they were both super cheap! I love big earrings so much, I wear huge ones far more than small practical earrings. So, these super long circle drop earrings were a must for me, they come down to my shoulders! The turquoise beaded earrings are a lot more delicate and I've got a lot of wear out of them this month! They go with everything and are perfect when my enormous earrings are a little too much! Plus, they're only £3!


Antonia: I have been on the lookout for a pretty bangle for a while and I came across two gorgeous ones this month! The one on the left is from Boudicca in Abersoch and I just love how simple it is! 
On the right is another ASOS purchase! It's super pretty with the delicate gold bars and gorgeous turquoise stones. I think it's a really pretty accessory to add something a little different to your outfit!


Both: Obviously we had to put this book in our favourites! We got it at the very beginning of the month and we both could not put it down until it was finished! We absolutely loved it and we really need to get down to London to see the play! It felt incredibly nostalgic and a bit emotional reading about Harry, Ron and Hermione and Hogwarts again. We loved the new characters of Albus and Scorpius, Harry and Draco's sons. And even though it's written as a play script, you very quickly get used to this and it's an easy and exciting read. If you are even slightly a Harry Potter fan then this is a must read!

Thank you very much for reading this post! 
What have you been loving in the month of August? We would love to know so please leave a comment. 
August has now ended leaving us with the last days of summer. Are you sad summer is over or super excited for Autumn to begin? We are feeling a bit of both but very excited to start wearing snuggly jumpers and seeing the leaves change colour.
See you soon,
Love, Antonia and Imogen x

You Might Also Like

Comments

Popular Posts

sharkettsisters Instagram Feed