JULY FAVOURITES

August 10, 2016


We're already a week into August but we are finally here with our July favourites! 
It's not too big of a list this month, we've been trying to save more than spend, but you know we can't resist a little bit of a shop!
We actually have no beauty related items this month, which is very unusual! We have a very random selection instead, so we hope you like it!


Imogen: This may seem like a really random favourite, but I really have been loving these tiny clips this month! I have been using them where I would usually use a grip (bobby pin). Unlike grips these are much easier to place exactly where you want them and they don't flatten the hair down onto your head. They don't slide or move much throughout the day too, which is great!


Imogen: I had been looking for a frame to hold some of my polaroid pictures for a while, so I checked out what Zara Home had to offer because it is my favourite shop for homeware. This chunky, acrylic photo frame has a magnetic metallic back making it really easy to put photos in, which is fab because I have been swapping pictures quite often! You can fit up to 5 of the little polaroid photographs in at a push but I think it looks nicer just 3 equally spaced out.


Antonia: I only got these wedges from Kurt Geiger toward the end of the month so I haven't worn them a huge amount yet, but I can already tell I will get my money's worth! They are so comfortable, the straps are super soft which is essential as it means no blisters! Also, the wedge is fairly low so I can wear them for ages without getting sore feet! Orange is definitely one of my favourite colours to wear and these are such a beautiful bright shade, they are perfect if you want to add a pop of colour to your outfit! I got them in the sale and they are still there, so if you like them get them while you can! They also come in black if that's more your style!


Antonia: I got loads of use out of this fringed clutch bag on holiday. Surprisingly, red goes with a lot of my outfits! I love a bit of fringing, especially on bags so I couldn't resist this one from Joy, the colour is just so pretty! It also comes with a chain inside, so you can use it as a shoulder bag if you want!


Antonia: The Invisible Library is pretty different to anything I've read before and I absolutely loved it! I've already bought the second in the series and pre-ordered the third, I can't wait to get started on them! 
After first reading the description I wasn't sure If I'd like this book, I thought it could have been kind of weird, all this drama over a book?! But I'm so glad I decided to give it a go! Irene and Kai are really likeable characters and I was captivated by the magical aspects of this book. There is so much going on; dragons, werewolves, vampires, alternate worlds and of course the elusive invisible library of which Irene is an agent. I found the book pretty fast paced and especially towards the end I couldn't put it down!

Irene must be at the top of her game or she'll be off the case - permanently. . .
Irene is a professional spy for the mysterious Library, which harvests fiction from different realities. And along with her enigmatic assistant Kai, she's posted to an alternative London. Their mission - to retrieve a dangerous book. But when they arrive, it's already been stolen. London's underground factions seem prepared to fight to the very death to find her book. Adding to the jeopardy, this world is chaos-infested - the laws of nature bent to allow supernatural creatures and unpredictable magic. Irene's new assistant is also hiding secrets of his own. Soon, she's up to her eyebrows in a heady mix of danger, clues and secret societies. Yet failure is not an option - the nature of reality itself is at stake.

Imogen: The bottom LeSpecs sunglasses in this picture are my new favourite sunglasses ever! I bought these from Boudicca in Abersoch, Wales but you could also get them here online. I've been really enjoying wearing mirrored lenses at the moment and I love the diamond coloured mirror lenses on these! The frame is a dark, tortoise shell pattern with silver, metal arms making the glasses super lightweight. They also have maximum UV protection which is obviously a massive bonus!
Antonia: I got these LeSpecs sunglasses from Boudicca, Abersoch as well. I love Cat eye sunglasses at the moment, but I don't think I can pull off the extreme ones. These have a slightly more subtle Cat eye shape which I think suits me a lot better! I also love the tortoise shell frames, I have already got a lot of wear out of these!


Both: After watching clips of performances on the morning after the opening Formation World Tour show and lots of other clips after that, we set off for the show with incredibly high expectations and Beyonce did not disappoint one bit! The Formation World Tour was an insanely, amazing and moving (Imogen teared) show full of incredible performances containing unbelievably vocals from Beyonce, almost constant dancing in incredible outfits and even fire and fireworks. How Beyonce can sing so flawlessly and still pull of a super energised dance routine is beyond anyone! One of our favourite song performances was definitely 'Freedom', with Beyonce and her dancers kicking around in a shallow pool of water. It was amazing and you should definitely go and take a look at that performance (and the rest) on YouTube right now! It is definitely right up there with our favourite shows of all time! If Beyonce ever comes to someone near you, you should 100% try to get tickets!

Thank you so much for reading our July favourites, 
sorry it's a bit late and quite far into August already, we do always have the intention to get it done as soon as the month ends but the plan just never works out! 
What were your favourite in the month of July? 
Have you been to any amazing shows recently? or were you actually there at the Manchester Formation show too?
We're already collecting favourites for our August favourites post and we are only 10 days in!
See you at weekend with another cocktail cupcake!
Love, Antonia and Imogen x

You Might Also Like

Comments

Popular Posts

sharkettsisters Instagram Feed