NEON STRIPE NAILS

April 21, 2016


The sun has finally shown it's face this week, so I'm making the most of it with super bright nails! I'm using some polishes from the Models Own polish for tans collection, which are supposed to compliment tanned skin! My tan is pretty much non-existent currently but I always feel like these polishes make me look a little more tanned! I also love using these really bright colours on my toe nails, it never fails to make me feel a little more summery. The striped look is really easy to achieve, you just need some tape and a little bit of patience! If the neon shades aren't for you, you can swap out any of these colours and use your own combinations. 


The polishes I used are Models Own base/top coat, Orly Halo, Models Own Flip Flop, Models Own Shades and Ciaté Snow Virgin (I have the mini version).


I started with a clear base coat followed by a coat of the Ciaté white polish. It's important to have a white base coat as this will really make the green and coral polishes pop without needing more than one coat! I like to use as little coats as possible when using tape so that it dries faster and I don't have to wait too long in between steps!


The next step is to add a coat of the green and coral polishes, if you need to add more than one coat you can do but you must wait until it's completely dry at this stage. If the polish is still wet, when you pull the tape off it will mess up the polish underneath. Patience is not my strong suit when it comes to painting my nails, I can't count the number of times I've messed them up by rushing, so trust me on this one!


Now you want to cut some strips of tape ready to stick onto your nails. I find that masking tape is best for this, it's slightly less sticky than normal sellotape, which seems to always get in a mess and stick all over the place for me! Just take some sharp scissors and cut strips about 5mm wide. I recommend cutting lots of strips at once, before you start to stick them to your nails. 


Now you're ready to start sticking! I decided to go for two strips of tape on each nail and three on my thumb nails, but you can use as many as you want depending on how long your nails are. Make sure the tape is stuck down as well as possible as you don't want any polish getting under it. 


The next step is to paint on the stripes, if you are using a glitter like me, you might need to try and paint the polish on quite thick so you get a dense enough covering of glitter. You can only really add one coat as I find it works best when you pull off the tape while the polish is still wet. I decided to paint the middle stripe on my thumbs in the contrasting colour to the base, so green on the pink nail and vice versa. 


Now, while the polish is still wet, you can carefully peel off the tape. Just make sure you don't smudge any of your nails while you're doing it! Once the stripes are dry you might want to take a cotton bud and some nail polish remover to tidy up the skin around your nail. Then, finally add a clear top coat and you're done!


Here's the finished look! I absolutely love these colours, the neon green is one of my all time favourites, I also love to wear it just on its own. I always get lots of compliments when I wear it, probably because it's hard to ignore! This look is brilliant if you want to feel a bit more summery, i'm sure the nice weather wont last long here but at least my nails will still be looking bright and summery!
I hope you enjoyed reading this post, leave me a comment if there are any nail art techniques you'd like to see on the blog!
Don't forget to follow us on Bloglovin' and check out our Instagram account! 

See you soon!
Love, Antonia


You Might Also Like

Comments

Popular Posts

sharkettsisters Instagram Feed