JANUARY FAVOURITES

February 01, 2017


Hello! Is it just us or has January just flown by? We feel like Christmas was only last week!
We are incredibly ready for it to stop being so cold here in London, so if summer could just hurry up, that would be wonderful.

 It's been quite a while since we last did a monthly favourites post, but this month we have accumulated a few things we wanted to share with you! So here's what we have been loving this month...


Imogen: I am in love with this concealer! and have been for over a month! This is the Bourjois Radiance Reveal concealer and I actually have it in two colours 01 Ivory and 02 Beige. I like to use the lighter one under my eyes to really brighten them up (and I need it!). The concealer covers dark circles and imperfections really well and is actually pretty hydrating. It gives perfect illumination to give your under eyes radiance and make you look just that bit more awake as you walk into the office in the morning! I couldn't recommend it more and if you spend £12 (this is only £7.99) on Bourjois at Superdrug or Boots at the moment you get a free Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick and compact mirror. Wahoo!



Imogen: These are the Revlon ColourBurst Balms in Matte and Lacquer shades. I got these five shades in a set for Christmas and have loved wearing them ever since. It came as a mix of 3 matte shades and 2 lacquer shades in incredibly beautiful and wearable colours. My favourite and the one I have worn the most is Sultry which is a kind of brown based berry matte shade. It's a perfect everyday colour to keep in your handbag! The balm-like formulation is incredibly velvety and moisturising so they feel great on your lips. They are super pigmented for quick and easy application, and the Lacquer shades have a gorgeous high shine! Basically, I love them all and will probably continue to buy more colours, much to my bank accounts dismay...


Imogen: Another Christmas present, but this time one that I requested from Toni (forced into her hands). I would wear these earrings every single day if I could, I feel like they go with absolutely everything. I wore these on this post but you can't really tell unless you zoom in. I can't find these online but would really recommend having a look on the & Other Stories website for jewellery, they have a great mix of simple and unique jewellery which is really pretty reasonably priced! 


Imogen: I know you're not supposed to keep perfumes for that long but I actually bought this not last summer but the summer before! I wore it A LOT and then just completely fell out of love with it, but now it's back and I'm using it EVERY single day! It is the Michael Kors Rose Radiant Gold fragrance. I was actually convinced until right this second that I had gone for the gold one not the rose gold but I suppose judging by the name I was wrong. It was nearly two years ago so maybe my memory has faded. Either way, it is a divine floral but spicy fragrance which is perfect for the daytime. It is quite spicy, but not as spicy as my other favourites YSL Black Opium and Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir. And how fab is the packaging? SO SHINY!


Imogen: My last two favourites were featured on our Beauty Tried and Tested post earlier this month so if you want to read more about them, then just click the link. I have been using both of these products ever since I got them. The Josh Wood Radiant Shine hair treatment oil and the Rituals magic touch body cream have both become part of my after shower routine. The hair oil adds a really, amazing shine to your hair whether used on damp hair or after styling, and conditions the dry ends of your hair, to leave you with gorgeous glossy and healthy looking hair. The Rituals body cream is honestly the MOST DIVINE smelling body cream I have ever, ever, ever smelled! I really, really love it and keep having to resist heading into the Rituals shop in Westfield because I just know that I will want to buy the whole shop!


Antonia: We have both had a love affair with Models Own for a very long time! Their nail polishes are such amazing colours and they have such a huge selection to choose from! These ones are from the Twilight Hypergel collection, I got Loganberry and Cashmere Rose and I am in love with both of there colours! I'm definitely tempted to get some of the other shades in this collection, there are some gorgeous muted tones!


 Antonia: I recently got this scarf from River Island and I don't think I have left the house without it since! It's incredibly soft and I love this pale grey, it literally goes with anything! 



Antonia: I got these boots in the sale at the beginning of the month, I almost didn't get them because of the price, but I am so glad I did! They are the Orion embroidered ankle boot from Dune. I've worn them so much already, they are just so comfortable and very pretty! They material is really soft and supple so there is definitely no risk of blisters, which is usually what happens when I get new boots! I wore them in our Shoreditch Style post, so if you want to see them in action, head over there!


Antonia: I actually read this book in December but I absolutely had to feature it somewhere on the blog because I loved it so much! It's The long way to a small angry planet by Becky Chambers...

When Rosemary Harper joins the crew of the Wayfarer, she isn't expecting much. The Wayfarer, a patched-up ship that's seen better days, offers her everything she could possibly want: a small, quiet spot to call home for a while, adventure in far-off corners of the galaxy, and distance from her troubled past.
But Rosemary gets more than she bargained for with the Wayfarer. The crew is a mishmash of species and personalities, from Sissix, the friendly reptilian pilot, to Kizzy and Jenks, the constantly sparring engineers who keep the ship running. Life on board is chaotic, but more or less peaceful - exactly what Rosemary wants.
Until the crew are offered the job of a lifetime: the chance to build a hyperspace tunnel to a distant planet. They'll earn enough money to live comfortably for years... if they survive the long trip through war-torn interstellar space without endangering any of the fragile alliances that keep the galaxy peaceful.
But Rosemary isn't the only person on board with secrets to hide, and the crew will soon discover that space may be vast, but spaceships are very small indeed.

It was quite different to anything I've read before, but I really loved it! It's all about the characters and their cultures, their relationships and their different ways of life, there are so many wildly different species on this ship, and you come to care about every, single one of them. There are moments of fun, sadness and love as well as a bit of action and danger and I can't wait to read the sequel!


Antonia: I got this ring from a market stall on Portobello road on the first weekend we moved to London. I have wanted an Opal ring for a really long time and I was so happy I finally found such a gorgeous one! Opal is my birth stone and I spent my whole childhood thinking that they were the most boring of all the birth stones, until I saw a proper one and realised how beautiful they actually are! There is a rainbow of colours in this stone, when you look closely! I would definitely recommend a wander down Portobello Road if you are looking for an interesting new ring, there are some real treasures to be found!

So there is a quick round up of some of the things which we have been loving this January! 
Thanks so much for reading our post, we hope you enjoyed it!
What have been your fave things this January? 

We would love to know any ideas or requests you have for posts in the future, so please leave a comment in the box below! 
We want to make our second year of blogging even better than the first, so comments and thoughts are always welcome, and definitely encouraged!
Please follow us on Bloglovin', Instagram and like our Facebook page 'Sharkett Sisters', if you want to see more of us, and see what we are up to on our new adventure in London!
(All social media links are at the top of the page or in a box to the side!)
And please check out our Pinterest profile for lots of gorgeous ideas and maybe some sneak peeks of what we're planning!
See you soon,

Lots of love, Antonia and Imogen x

You Might Also Like

Comments

Popular Posts

sharkettsisters Instagram Feed