JUNE FAVOURITES

July 07, 2016


We've missed last months favourites as we had hardly anytime together and we also just didn't have much new to talk about! But don't worry, we're back and
we've got lots of beauty favourites this month as well as a couple of books. 


Imogen: I know that Tanyas book only came out on the 30th June but it was still June and still my favourite! Tanya Bakes is the most beautiful baking book I have ever seen! It's full of exciting and delicious looking bakes from cakes to cookies to loaves and I plan on making every single recipe in this book. The recipes I'm most excited about are Salted Nutella Cookies, Rhubarb and Custard Muffins, Salted Caramel Cheesecake and Australian Toasted Banana Bread! 


Antonia: The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern. I read this book at the start of the month and I already want to read it again! I loved this book! From the moment I started reading, I did not want to put it down until I finished it! It was pretty different to anything I've read before but I thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it! It's a truly magical book and I really want the Night Circus to come to my town so I can go! 
The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. The black sign, painted in white letters that hangs upon the gates, reads:Opens at NightfallCloses at Dawn
As the sun disappears beyond the horizon, all over the tents small lights begin to flicker, as though the entirety of the circus is covered in particularly bright fireflies. When the tents are all aglow, sparkling against the night sky, the sign appears.Le Cirque des RêvesThe Circus of Dreams.
Now the circus is open.Now you may enter.

Imogen: We have both been considering buying Hoola Bronzing Powder for years now, and when we got Hoola in a Benefit palette for christmas, we both decided it was definitely time to buy the full size one (and at the airport so it was cheaper)!
Hoola is a matte bronzer which is perfect for both contouring and getting a sun-kissed glow. It's really pigmented and definitely one of the best bronzers out there!

Antonia: Girl meets pearl was a very spontaneous buy at the same time I got Hoola at the airport. I tried it on my hand and just decided I needed it immediately! It's a really gorgeous gold toned shimmer and I found it really nice to wear on holiday as it gives a really lovely bronzed glow which goes perfectly with a tan!


Antonia: I have wanted to try the Nars Sheer Glow foundation for such a long time and I finally got round to it this month! It really didn't disappoint! I find that it gives the perfect coverage for me and it feels really light and moisturising on my skin. All my concealers basically ran out at the same time, so when I bought the foundation I thought I might as well give the Radiant Creamy concealer a try! I love this too it's nice and brightening under the eyes and I find it great for giving a little extra coverage where I need it. 


Imogen: These cute little cubes are the Shimmer Cube Palette in Spring Bronze from The Body Shop. They are half price in the sale at the moment which is amazing so you should definitely get one now if your thinking about it! They are a really good quality eyeshadow and are as shiny as anything. The copper in this palette is my absolute favourite but all the colours are amazing and complement each other really well! It's perfect for taking away as you can get quite a few looks out of it or could just take a couple of the tiny blocks.


Imogen: These are the best matte lipsticks I have ever seen! They're the Matte HD Lip Tints from Inglot. They are like a liquid lipstick so they are really easy to apply and go on shiny which then dries super silky matte and extremely pigmented! The colour is so intense! I have number 12 which is an amazing classic red and number 13 which is a deep, dusky pink.


Antonia: THIS IS THE BEST EYESHADOW I HAVE EVER OWNED.
It's Inglot AMC pure pigment eye shadow in 85. Seriously, it's so sparkly! It has a purple/blue duo chrome effect which shines different colours in certain lights. You would think something this shiny would be super hard to wear but I actually find it really wearable! It does have quite a lot of fall down, which is to be expected from a pigment, so you just have to be careful with it. I'm absolutely going to go and buy every colour of this now.


Here's a photo of me being very excited about my eyeshadow while waiting to watch Beyoncé on Tuesday! You can really see the way it shines blue and purple in this photo. What better excuse to be super sparkly than Beyoncé?!


We hope you have enjoyed reading about our favourites in June! 
What were your favourites last month?
Thank you so much for reading!
Please follow us on Bloglovin' and Instagram, and like our Facebook page 'Sharkett Sisters'.
Love, Antonia and Imogen x

You Might Also Like

Comments

Popular Posts

sharkettsisters Instagram Feed