THE TRANSITIONAL TRENCH COAT

September 14, 2018


In true British spirit, all anyone can talk about recently is the weather. It's at the front of everybodys minds - is it going to be freezing today? do I need an umbrella? am I going to be too hot? Well, I wish I was here to give you ALLLLLL the weather answers but I can't do the impossible! So instead I'm here to share the love for this gorgeous coat that can take you from summer to autumn without having to worry too much about the weather (disclosure: you may still need an umbrella)!

We took a gorgeous walk through Richmond park on Sunday. And it was the most perfect sunday-ey thing to do. Leaving the big city behind and heading into acres of green is exactly what your mind needs sometimes to truly relax. The weather was gorgeous, we saw the deer and stag, and it just was just such a lovely day! 



Before I get into it, I just want to clarify that I realise there is an earring situation. There were two, then there was one and now there is none. One fell out somewhere between Hammersmith and Richmond and the other is a sad little reminder in my bag that I lost this beautiful earring!

But onto the coat... I fell in love with this coat the moment I saw it across the store and knew that it would have to be mine. I absolutely love the mix of the check and the suedette and adore the neutral tones. The shape of the coat is gorgeous with the fallaway collar, and a belt to cinch you in where you need it to. Trench coats are going to be all around this season, from leather to leopard, you'll be on trend. I love the heritage vibes of this coat - which funnily enough is another winter coat trend forecasted to make it big this winter.
This trench just marks the start of our AW18 coat buying, but we think it's a hella good way to start.


Trench Coat, White Cami - River Island 
Jeans - Zara
Fur Handle Bag, Belt - River Island
Sandals - Topshop

I paired the trench with a simple outfit of a white cami and blue ripped jeans. I love the simple, almost classic look that this gives the outfit, and love the effortless but put together feel. I accessorised with my new favourite bag, the fur handle crossbody. This bag is a perfect size for a day out and has a long cross body strap for comfort, but then the cutest little fur strap as well. Both straps are removable so you can choose which to use or just have both. 


Thanks so much for reading this post!
Have you started buying in to your autumn wardrobe yet? Is it time we all got our jumpers out from the back of our wardrobe?

 Please follow us on Bloglovin'Instagram and like our Facebook page 'Sharkett Sisters' to see more from us! See you next time!

Lots of love, 

Antonia and Imogen x

You Might Also Like

Comments

Popular Posts

sharkettsisters Instagram Feed