HIGH-STREET HAUL

February 01, 2016


We spent a good part of Friday shopping at the Trafford Centre, Manchester, and ended up with quite a lot of items, so we wanted to share them with you! There were still quite a few bits of sales left and although a lot of it is rubbish we found a few gems (pun intended) especially in the jewellery section! We'll start with the clothing though, so here we go!



I'm (Antonia) going to go first with my clothing purchase! I only got one item, which is this white blazer from Zara. I really wanted a light-weight jacket of some kind to wear over little sleeveless tops while it's still so cold outside, and I knew I needed this as soon as I tried it on. It's a really flattering fit and I love the softly tailored look and the rolled up sleeves (which is perfect for me as I spend all my life pushing my sleeves up!). I'm sure I will get a lot of wear out of this!


Its Imogen typing now. I bought this dress from Zara and have actually worn it already when we went to see Cats the Musical on Saturday. This is really easy to throw on with tights and boots while its still cold outside and is very easy to dress up or down with a change of jewellery and shoes!



I also picked up this striped top from Zara for just £7.99 (not even in the sales). I can’t find it on the website but it seems to be part of the ‘Join Life’ campaign (which is also not anywhere online, so I’m not really sure what it is).  There were plenty in store so I’m sure you could still find it. It’s a really comfy, stretchy cotton top with a low back, which will really go with anything from jeans to skirts!



My last clothes purchase was this amazing beaded crop top from Topshop, for an absolute steal of £15. I’ve also managed to wear this already too, dressed up with high waisted black jeans for a night of cocktails at The Alchemist.

Now lets move on to the jewellery! There was still so much jewellery left in the sales and Topshop especially had some amazing prices!


Antonia here again! There were so many nice earrings around and all the ones I ended up buying were in the sales. The first two pairs are from Accessorize, they aren't on the website so I can't give you a link but there were still lots in store so it's worth a look in! The second two pairs are from Topshop and again, these are not on the website so have a look in store! 


I got this necklace from Next I was pleasantly surprised by how much nice jewellery they had in! I would never usually have thought to look in Next for jewellery but they had some gorgeous statement necklaces, I was spoiled for choice! I decided to get this necklace as I love the layered look and I thought the tassels were really nice and something a bit different!


This hair clip was also from Next and guess what? I can't find it on the website! They had loads of really pretty hair accessories so definitely check it out in store if you like that kind of thing. I can't resist anything rose gold or copper so I obviously had to have this, and I broke my last clip so this was practically a necessity... That's what I like to tell myself anyway. ;)


Back to Imogen again!I’ve been looking for some nice hoop earrings for a while now and so when I saw these rose gold hoops I had to get them! I am obsessed with rose gold so these are just perfect, coming in two sizes in a two pack from next. The other two earrings also came in a pack from Topshop at an amazing £3 in the sale. These can really be worn in 3 different ways; you could just wear the black stud alone, or choose from the two different backs to put on. These are great for quickly changing earrings from day to night. Like above these are not online but there was still quite a good choice of sale earrings in store so I’d definitely pop in!



Finally lets move on to the make-up! We have a new(ish) Kiko in the Trafford Centre so its very exciting to not have to wait for a trip to London or order online to stock up! 


Its Antonia typing now, I'm just going to tell you about the make-up for both of us or this will get confusing! Collectively we got quite a few products and we can't wait to use them! I think we've tried most of them so we'll let you know our initial opinions as we go along. Revlon had a 3 for 2 deal on all make-up so we both got 3 items each. I've just realised I forgot to take a close up picture or a swatch of the Revlon brown eyeliner so I'll just take a second to tell you about it now. It's the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner in brown, I wanted a brown liquid liner, just for when I don't fancy using black, so I thought I'd make use of the 3 for 2 deal and try Revlons. It looks a really nice shade of brown in the pot but unfortunately when it dries on the skin it just looks black. So I'm a little disappointed with this purchase! It's still a nice eyeliner if you ignore the colour its supposed to be, it stays put all day and applies nicely enough so I may as well continue to use it, just as a black liner.


Next product I got was the Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer, I got it in 'light'. I've had these before and it is currently my favourite concealer. I really like the sponge applicator and I find that its a good coverage and colour for me. I also needed a new eyeshadow primer, I went into Boots with the intention of getting a replacement Soap and Glory It's About Prime  (which I love) but they didn't have any so I had to find a new one to try. I got the Revlon PhotoReady Eye primer. I haven't used much of this yet so I'm not sure how good it is but it seems to do the job so far, so we'll see!


Kiko had their new 'Campus Idol' collection in store and I loved the look of these Double Dare Eyeshadow and Eyeliner sticks. We both got one of these to try, I got 06- Steel and Anthracite ,which is the first swatch, and Imogen got 02- Copper and Chocolate (the second swatch). We both love the original Long lasting stick eyeshadows so we knew these would be good! They come with a creamy stick eyeshadow at one end and an eyeliner at the other. The eyeshadows are so sparkly and pretty and the eyeliners are a really nice complimentary colour to go with it. The last swatch is another of Imogen's purchases, one of the Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows in 28- Bright Ivory which is perfect for an inner corner highlighter. It is slightly shimmery but you can't tell from the swatch photo. 


Next up is the lip products, I got one of the Kiko Double Match Lipstick and Lipliners which is another from the Campus Idol collection. There are some really pretty colours to choose from and I got it in 03-Strawberry Pop which is a gorgeous pinky-red. It applies nicely bright and glossy and it has a nice creamy texture, I wore it on Friday night and it was pretty good at staying put! Imogen got one of the Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balms in 270-Fiery, which is a lovely plummy colour. Its not too matte and is really nice and moisturising on the lips.


Now onto the final purchases, Revlons new collection of Mascaras. We both got one of the green top ones, The Super Length Mascara, which I quite like, it takes a while to build up but does leave my lashes looking really long.The only issue I have with it is that the brush is enormous! Its almost impossible to apply to the lower lashes without getting mascara all over the place. Imogen, on the other hand prefers the Red top one, the Ultimate All-In-One Mascara. The wand has a hollow core which holds some of the product and distributes it when needed, meaning you don't have to keep dipping the brush back in to collect more product. It has a much smaller brush and according to Imogen, makes her lashes super long! I think I might have to try one of these for myself from that glowing review!

That's all of our purchases! Thank you for reading if you've managed to stick with us through this super long post!
Don't forget to leave us a comment and follow us on Bloglovin'!
Love, Antonia and Imogen



You Might Also Like

Comments

Popular Posts

sharkettsisters Instagram Feed