THE JOY OF JUMPSUITS

March 01, 2019

 

Well, it looks like jumpsuits may officially be fast becoming one of the biggest trends of 2019; and we are jumping for joy about it (sorry, had to!). They are just one of the ways the 70's are creeping back into our wardrobes - and that decade is back in a BIG way. They are infiltrating the high street stores in all kinds of ways - from androgynous boiler suits to pretty flowing silhouettes. And we just want them all!




Jumpsuits are a valuable addition to any wardrobe. They are all so easy to dress up with a pair of heels or style down into casual chic with a pair of trainers. AND it's an outfit in one, no need to find a matching top or trouser, this is your whole outfit right here. What's more, there's no outfit that quite has the comfort of a jumpsuit - when you get it right!





On a side note from the jumpsuit, let's talk about this location. With a few days of annual leave to use up, we took ourselves to the beautiful Kew Gardens on what seems to be one of the most gorgeous and sunniest days of the year so far. In fact, we read earlier that on the 25th Feb (the day we went) the UK broke the record for its warmest winter day with a temperature of 21ºC in Kew Gardens, and bizarrely enough the bbc news article did specifically name Kew Gardens in the opening line.
We've wanted to go for a while but went especially to see the orchid festival. It was an incredible display of colour and a real rainbow festival of flowers. The orchids were all so beautiful and made even more so by the way they were displayed, with the odd hanging sloth thrown in there for good measure. Our favourite displays were the archways - top photo-taking location - and the incredible vibrant pillar of orchids with baby pineapples nestled inside all the way to the ceiling. The rest of Kew Gardens is just as gorgeous and a perfect, relaxing way to spend a sunshiny day. The buildings are as gorgeous as the plants and of course you can't go and not take a quick snap on the insta-worthy spiral staircases.

Trainers - Dune
Leather Jacket - All Saints

Although I can't wait to get my hands on a cargo-esque boiler suit, this adorable dotty jumpsuit just had me at hello, and I love it. At a gorgeous mid-length it's perfect for taking me straight into the warmer months. And the adjustable spaghetti straps are great for making sure you maximise comfort levels, especially when you have a long body like me. Plus, they look super cute layering over a white tee, especially while the weather is struggling to make it's mind up.





The fabric is light and flowing which definitely gives it more of a sweet, girly vibe, and makes it so so easy to dress up or down. And how can you not love the multi-coloured dotty print?! It's pretty, playful and kinda makes me feel like I'm about five again, which is not something I'm opposed to. I paired the jumpsuit with a white tee, a pair of white trainers, and a black leather jacket. Not that I have any pictures showing the jacket since we picked the warmest and best day of the year so far to go to Kew Gardens!






Jumpsuit - H&M
Trainers - Kurt Geiger 
Bag, Sunglasses - RIver Island 

Although I love the current utility trend, I kind of thought it wasn't something that I could work into my wardrobe that easily. My style tends to lean towards a much dressier/girly vibe than the super cool, oversized look that's going on right now. However, I spotted this jumpsuit in H&M and instantly loved it! The khaki is the ideal shade for me and is perfectly on trend and the wide leg makes it much more flattering on my body type than most of the tapered leg boiler suits of the moment. It does make me feel a little like I'm about to go on safari, especially in this setting of Kew Gardens... I may have stepped out of London and straight into the jungle.






Adding to my jungle safari look, can we talk about this fabulous bag? Still rocking the animal print of course, this new addition to my collection is my new favourite. One of my favourite things about this bag is the size, most of my bags at the moment are pretty small so I am loving being able to fit so much in this one! I love the slouchier shape, and the mix of animal prints is perfect. Even though it's a slightly higher price point than other high-street bags, the luxurious and soft feel of the real suede leather is worth it!



We hope you liked this post!
Please let us know your verdict on the jumpsuit/boiler suit trend? Are you onboard?

Please follow us on Bloglovin', Instagram and like our Facebook page 'Sharkett Sisters', if you want to see more of us, and never miss a post.
Make sure to check out our Instagram feed and stories to see what we are up to!

See you soon, lots of love, 

Antonia and Imogen x

You Might Also Like

Comments

Popular Posts

sharkettsisters Instagram Feed